Overzealous Analysis of the Bible:
Some folk from long ago with more time on their hands than I, have kindly passed down the following information.
In case it ever comes up in a pub quiz or something, I now pass it on to you:
- the word "and" appears in the (AV) Bible 46,227 times;
- the word "Lord" appears 1,855 times;
- the words "reverend" and "girl" just once each, but "everlasting fire" twice;
- no word in the bible has more than six syllables;
- the middle book of the Bible is Proverbs;
- the middle chapter is Job 39;
- the middle verse is 2 Chronicles 20:17;
- the longest verse in the Bible is Esther 8:9;
- the shortest is John 11:35.